Why Vinyl Plank Flooring is a Great Choice for Your Home
Vinyl plank flooring is becoming increasingly popular among homeowners for many reasons. Not only is it a durable and waterproof flooring option, but it is also easy to install and maintain. In this guide, we will cover everything you need to know about vinyl plank floor, including its advantages, installation, durability, and how to choose the best one for your home.
Advantages of Vinyl Plank Flooring
Vinyl plank floor has many advantages, including:
- Durability: Vinyl plank floor is extremely durable and can withstand heavy foot traffic, making it ideal for high-traffic areas like entryways, kitchens, and living rooms.
- Waterproof: Vinyl plank flooring is 100% waterproof, making it perfect for bathrooms, laundry rooms, and other areas where water may be present.
- Easy to install: Vinyl plank floor can be installed quickly and easily, either as a floating floor or glued down. It can be installed over most types of subfloors, including concrete, wood, and tile.
- Low maintenance: Vinyl plank floor is easy to clean and maintain. All you need is a damp mop and a mild cleaner to keep it looking great.
Installation of Vinyl Plank Flooring
Vinyl plank flooring can be installed as a floating floor or glued down. Here are the steps for installing a floating floor:
- Prepare the subfloor: The subfloor must be clean, dry, and level before installation.
- Lay down the underlayment: A foam underlayment should be laid down to help absorb sound and provide cushioning.
- Lay down the vinyl planks: Start in one corner of the room and work your way across, making sure to leave a small gap around the perimeter of the room to allow for expansion.
- Cut the vinyl planks to fit: Measure and cut the vinyl planks to fit around obstacles like doorways and cabinets.
- Finish the edges: Install baseboards or quarter round molding around the edges of the room to cover the gap
Durability of Vinyl Plank Flooring
Vinyl plank floor is extremely durable and can last for many years with proper care. It is resistant to scratches, dents, and stains, making it a great choice for homes with children or pets. Vinyl plank floor is also fade-resistant, so it won’t lose its color over time.
Choosing the Best Vinyl Plank Flooring
When choosing vinyl plank flooring, there are a few things to keep in mind. Look for flooring with a thick wear layer, which will provide added durability and protection against scratches and stains. Also, consider the color and pattern of the flooring to make sure it complements the overall look of your home. Finally, look for vinyl plank flooring that comes with a warranty to ensure that you are getting a quality product.
In conclusion, vinyl plank floor is a great choice for homeowners who want a durable, waterproof, and easy-to-install flooring option. By following these tips, you can choose the best vinyl plank floor for your home and enjoy its many benefits for years to come. If you need any help with the installation of vinyl plank floor in your home, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help!